Have you been wondering what to do with all of those left over candy canes? Crush them into tiny pieces and sprinkle on top of these heavenly cupcakes.
I am a HUGE fan of chocolate mint combos, so this cupcake recipe might just be my favorite Lillabee creation of the winter season. The cupcakes are moist and chocolaty and the frosting is rich and fudgy. The hint of mint makes them pure perfection in my book. And the crushed candy canes are so fun and whimsical. Yep, they make me happy.
Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!
- 1 box Lillabee Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 c + 1 T sugar (in addition to sugar already in lillabee cake mix box)
- 3/4 cup milk (rice/almond)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp peppermint or vanilla extract
- 6oz cold coffee
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sifted cocoa powder